Thursday, June 19, 2014

TV show and Fossil kits

19 June 2014

This past Monday evening I taped a TV show on the Panama Project with Ilene Silverman. Here is a photo after the shoot, when I could relax.



This morning I presented a talk to 45 summer campers at the FLMNH on Fossils and Paleontology. Lots of enthusiasm, energy, and questions. After a brief introduction I then had the students (1st through ?4th graders) break up in groups and identify fossils in a fossil kit that I assembled for them.  After  they had a time to try to ID the fossils we all went over each fossil one-by-one and compared them to picture I put on the board in a ppt.




They were able to ID some of the fossils easily, others were more difficult. Next time I'd add some plants, invertebrates, and possibly some microfossils in a vial.

No comments:

Post a Comment